United Airlines Policy
United Airlines changed their voucher policy March 20th 2009. United now charges $150 to re-issue a ticket at a lower available fare. So if the price of your flight drops in excess of $150, you can obtain a credit for future travel on United Airlines. Similarly, United Airlines charges up to $250 to have an international ticket re-issued at a lower available fare.
To obtain the refund you must call United Airlines Reservations: 1-800-241-6522 for domestic flights or 1-800-538-2929 for international flights.
The following conditions must be met for a nonrefundable ticket to be eligible for a travel credit:
- Ticket must be issued and no portion of the ticket has been used.
- No changes to the origin/destination/stopover points/flights/dates.
- New fare must meet all the conditions of the lower fares, including booking code and any advance reservations ticketing requirements.
- Certain limited time promotional sales are specifically exempt.
- Charge / Service Fee will be $150 US for all non-refundable tickets.
- The miscellaneous service order or travel vouchers are:
- Valid for one year from the date of issue
- Valid only for travel on a future UA travel
- Partially used vouchers will retain a value
- United Airlines typically issues their vouchers via U.S. mail. They do not have electronic vouchers, so be sure to confirm your mailing address with their customer service representatives.
To obtain your refund in the form of a travel voucher, call United Airlines Reservations: 1-800-864-8331.