Alaska Airlines Policy
Alaska Airlines charges nothing to have an existing ticket re-issued at a lower available fare. So if the price of your Alaska Airlines flight drops below what you paid, you can obtain a credit for the full difference in price that's good on a future Alaska Airlines flight.
To obtain your travel voucher, in the form of an e-certificate to be used on Alaska or Horizon, call Alaska Airlines at 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522) or if you're flying on Horizon Airlines call them at 1-800-547-9308.
- Alaska Airlines issues travel vouchers (called discount codes) electronically. These will be emailed to you.
- There is no change fee for issuing a discount code on price drops, as long as you don't change your itinerary.
- Discount codes are valid for one year.
- Credit may be applied to a new ticket only -- not change fee, excess baggage or other service fees.
- Valid only on Alaska and Horizon Air. Flights operated by American Airlines or other code-share carriers are not eligible.
- Group reservations, Vacations or Award bookings are not eligible.
- Any excess amount will be forfeited (must use it at one time or lose the remainder.)
- In order to qualify for a discount code the traveler must meet these requirements:
- No change in the origin/destination/flights or dates.
- The customer must qualify for the lower fare by meeting all the advance purchase and other requirements on the day they call for the ticket repurchase.
- The discount code will be issued in the name of the ticketed passenger.
- Once new ticket is reissued all new fare rules and conditions will apply.
- The policy only applies if reissuing to a new lower published fare -- the original ticket may be an internet fare, web special or AS50 Award but the new fare must be a standard published fare.
- If the original ticket is an AS50 Award, the AS50 benefit will carry over to the reissued ticket.
- The new ticket must be issued before the new fare expires
- Only one discount code can be used per new ticket purchased.
- Discount codes can only be used when purchasing a new ticket via the internet.