In 1896, 2 Houses of unknown vintage were moved by barge across San Diego Bay to Coronado from National City. There were transported to the present location at 964 D Avenue and joined together with an additional structure for the purpose of operating a public lodging house. This establishment began operation as the Cherokee Lodge and has 12 bedrooms plus common areas. The Cherokee Lodge derives its name from the Cherokee roses that bordered the property at the turn of the century. The Cherokee Lodge is located just 1 short block from the center of downtown Coronado and only 4 blocks from one of the finest beaches in southern California. Guests have numerous options for meals and entertainment. Come and enjoy historic Coronado and the Cherokee Lodge.